Frequently Asked Questions
What to bring on safari?
- Shorts and T-shirts for the day.
- A pair of good walking boots if planning any walking safaris.
- A wide brimmed hat to shade you from the sun.
- Plenty of high factor sun cream.
- A good pair of binoculars.
- Long trousers and long sleeved shirt for the evening for men and similar for ladies.
- A fleece for the early morning and evening game drives as it tends to get a bit chilly.
- Plenty of film or memory for your camera and a battery charger.
- Swimming costumes.
- A book on East African Birds and Wild life to allow you to identify what you see on safari and from your lodge.
- Good pair of sun glasses as you are on the equator where the sun shines extra bright.
- A pack of wet wipes.
- A small mag-light or torch (flashlight).
What is the best time of year to visit?
You can visit Tanzania throughout the year. The rainy season is from the end of March until the end of May. During the rainy season some roads are not accessible. Please let us know when you are planning your trip and we will let you know which parks/areas to visit at that time of the year.
I would like to meet the local people or make a cultural tour, what do you offer?
We offer cultural tours to different tribes like the Hadzabe, Datoga and Maasai. However, Tanzania is culturaly very diverse with more than 120 tribes, therefore selection will depend on where you are in Tanzania.
Can you pick me up from Kilimanjaro, Arusha airport or shuttle bus terminal?
Yes, no problem, as soon as we have your travel itinerary, we will arrange this for you.
Can I leave luggage behind whilst on safari?
Yes, you can leave some of your luggage at the hotel whilst on safari.
Tips in Tanzania
We follow the guidelines of the Tanzanian Tourist board and they recommend 20 USD per day per car. For climbing trips, there are other guidelines which we will send to you with your itinerary. For local guides of cultural tours or anything else, it depends on your appreciation.
What is the best time to climb Kilimanjaro, Mount Meru or trekking in Ngorongoro Highlands?
Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru can be climbed all year around as well as Ngorongoro Crater Highlands but you should always bring your rain clothes with you!